Vice-Chairperson - European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA)
Member of the Board of Directors - Italian Insurance Supervisory Authority (IVASS)
Secretary General - International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS)
Head of Group Qualitative Risk Management - Swiss Re Management Ltd
Other stakeholder & expert
The session is dedicated to developing and clarify the stakes and action plans of certain IAIS overarching priorities for the coming years, which are:
- Risk assessment and the maintenance of financial stability, including ongoing assessment of potential vulnerabilities arising from the impact of Covid-19.
- Delivering on key post-crisis reforms, including further refinement of the ICS during the current five-year monitoring period and the consistent implementation of the Holistic Framework.
- Addressing the risks and opportunities of key trends, especially those accelerated by the Covid-19 crisis, like technological innovation, cyber risk, climate risk and financial inclusion to address the protection gap.
Points of discussion
- How has the insurance sector fared during 2020?
- What is the progress made regarding the global implementation of Insurance Capital Standard (ICS) and Holistic Framework for the Assessment and Mitigation of Systemic Risk in the Insurance Sector?
- What are the new sources of risk and supervisory and regulatory challenges, that deserve further attention at the global level? What are the policy priorities at the global level?