This document seeks to clarify how Eurofi processes (i.e. collects, stores, uses and discloses) the personal data of individuals with whom the association is in contact, either via electronic media (e.g. websites, Eurofi event registration forms, Eurofi App, contact address on its websites…) or in person (e.g. during conferences).
Types of personal data collected
Eurofi collects two types of data: personal data and usage data.
Personal data is collected from the users of Eurofi services and stored in order to identify and contact them.
Such data may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Contacts of secretary or other relevant colleagues
- Professional details
- Topics of interest regarding Eurofi activities
Eurofi also collects information on how its Services are accessed and used notably via electronic media (so called “Usage Data”).
This Usage Data collected through cookies and other technologies may include information such as the user’s computer Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that the user visits, the time and date of visits, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also store Usage Data regarding the events that Eurofi organizes for example regarding presence at conferences or at certain sessions or social events.
The purpose of the data collected
Eurofi may use personal data from the users of Eurofi services in order to communicate with them via email and possibly other means (phone, user account, notifications on an App…), regarding events, publications, or newsletters that may be of interest to them. Personal data is also used to inform participants registered to attend Eurofi events of the preparation of these events and of their output. During the events some personal data may be shared with other registered participants e.g. list of participants.
Eurofi uses the usage data collected via its websites, apps or during its conferences:
- to administer its websites, apps, events and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve its websites and apps (e.g. to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner) or events (e.g. to adapt the agenda to participants’ interests);
- as part of efforts to keep Eurofi websites and apps safe and secure.
However, users will always be able to opt-out of such communications at any time according to the “User Privacy Rights” exposed below.
Cookies and data collection technologies and related restriction options
To collect “Usage Data” Eurofi uses in particular cookies and other technologies. This is to ensure everyone who uses its platforms (websites and apps) has the best possible experience.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on a website user’s computer or other device to allow a platform to recognise the user throughout a visit and also when using the same device and web browser repeatedly.
Personal data sharing and disclosure policy
Eurofi does not sell the Personal Data collected or share it with other organisations, except those involved in the events organized by Eurofi or with third party service providers taking part in its working processes.
However, there may be circumstances under which Eurofi may have to share more broadly the personal data of users:
- In particular Eurofi reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any data as necessary to comply with law or court order; to enforce or apply agreements with users, or to protect the legal rights, property, or safety of Eurofi, its employees, providers, or others.
- Under certain circumstances, Eurofi may be required to disclose users’ Personal Data in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Eurofi may employ third party companies and individuals (“Service Providers”) to prepare and conduct its services and processes (e.g. events, publications, websites, apps…), or to assist it in analyzing how its Service is used.
These third party service providers may have access to users’ Personal Data, but only to perform these tasks on behalf of Eurofi. They are requested not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of personal data held by Eurofi
Eurofi endeavours to put in place the appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect any data and information held in its records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no company or service can guarantee complete security, therefore unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user data held at any time.
User Privacy Rights
– Users can always opt for not disclosing information to Eurofi, but must keep in mind that some data is necessary to take advantage of some of the services provided by Eurofi (e.g. registration to events) notably for security reasons.
– Users can opt-out of receiving communications from Eurofi at any time, by using the unsubscribe link in the emails and communications sent by Eurofi or by contacting Eurofi at email@example.com.
– Eurofi provides users with the possibility to access, review, update, and delete any Personal Data held on them by Eurofi. Users can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for this purpose.
– If users ask Eurofi to delete any personal data, this will be done with a reasonable notice time. Users should note that Eurofi may be required to retain and use some information to comply with legal obligations or to resolve disputes.
– Eurofi does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. Users under 16 are requested to not attempt to register or send any Personal Data to Eurofi. Any Personal Data that may have been collected despite this from a child under age 16 will be deleted if it is identified.
Users who may have questions about this policy are requested to send a detailed message to Eurofi at the following address email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org. Eurofi will endeavour to reply as quickly as possible.