Eurofi is a European thinktank chaired by J. de Larosière dedicated to financial regulation and supervision and a renowned platform for exchanges between the financial services industry and the EU and international public authorities
The main objectives of Eurofi are to help industry and public decision-makers reach a common understanding of possible evolutions required in the regulation and supervision of financial services and to open the way to legislative or industry-driven solutions.
Eurofi acts as a catalyst for the market and as a neutral go-between connecting diverse financial industry players and the public authorities.
Research and documentation:
Events and exchanges of views:
These international events are organised with the support of Christian Hawkins.
Main topics currently addressed
- Current evolutions of the prudential and regulatory framework of banks and insurance companies: fine-tuning of CRD IV, impacts of CRD IV and Solvency II on the financing of the economy, structural reforms of the banking sector (Liikanen report), addressing appropriately the systemic importance of diverse financial institutions (banks, market infrastructures, insurance companies), regulation of the shadow banking sector, EU crisis management framework, conditions for a smooth evolution towards a more market-led EU economy, risk disclosure practices to favour financial stability…
- Capital markets and investment products regulations: regulation of securities, derivatives and commodities markets and trading and post-trading infrastructures (MiFID review, CSD regulation, EMIR), evolutions in asset management regulations (AIFMD, ETFs, specific fund regulations, possible evolutions of UCITS…), investor protection regulation (PRIPs, MiFID, IMD…) and fund depositary rules (UCITS V), extra-territoriality and cross-border access rules…
- Optimizing the EU financial services internal market: addressing the increasing fragmentation of EU financial activities prompted by the crisis, conditions for enabling a sustainable SEPA business case, review of the IORP directive, regulation of CRAs…
- The membership of Eurofi is composed of financial institutions operating in Europe
- Eurofi brings together financial institutions of different sectors of the financial industry (banking, insurance, market infrastructures, asset management, credit rating agencies…),and of different statutes (commercial, cooperative, mutual). The members of Eurofi are both regional and global companies with headquarters in different regions of the world.
- In addition to its members, Eurofi interacts with all the representative public and private stakeholders involved in financial regulatory projects.
Eurofi is a not-for-profit organisation financed by its industry members.
The activities of Eurofi are steered by a board comprising representatives of its members, the President of the association (J. de Larosière) and the Treasurer (JJ Bonnaud).
The Board meets formally on an annual basis to review the accounts of the association and regularly interacts to review the workplan of the association and discuss the preparation of events.